FIVE TIPS FOR CAR ACCIDENT VICTIMS
1. Get medical treatment immediately: Did you know that your own automobile insurance company will pay at least your first $3000 dollars in medical bills? If you suspect that you might be injured, there is no reason not to get checked out by a medical professional. This also documents your injuries and helps build your case for future compensation. Call us if you have questions.
2. Take photographs: Obtain photos of property damage including pictures of the cars involved and, if possible, the accident scene. You should also take pictures of any visable injuries that you may have sustained.
3. Obtain witness information: Often witnesses have critical informaion and as time goes by those witnesses become harder to locate. Therefore, it is important to gather their contact information soon after the accident.
4. Document lost wages: If your injuries prevent you from going to work, you wil need to obtain a doctor’s note releasing you from work. In addition, you will need documentation from your employer verifying your employement, rate of pay, and days absent.
5. Get legal advice: Don’t provide a recorded statment for the insurance companies until you have called our office and spoken with an attorney. Insurance companies often offer quick settlements before the full-extent of your injuries are understood and before you can get advice from a legal professional.
Even accidents where fault appears straight-forward, such as a rear-end car accident, can be complex and require the assistance of an attorney. Our attorneys have handled thousands of car accident cases and will get you a fair settlement to compensate you for your losses.
The experienced attorneys at Handy and Handy have a solid record of results in motor vehicle accident cases. Call Handy and Handy at 801-264-6677 today to discuss your possible claim.