The Skilled Representation You Need
“With empathy and care they handled their cases, separately and deliberately with the utmost professionalism and tact. Thank you Handy & Handy for taking care of everything so we could focus on taking care of our children during a difficult time.” – Annette Hardy
At Handy & Handy, we are able to explain the legal process in a reassuring way that you can understand. We collaborate with you throughout the process so you always know where your case stands. We work hard to educate you about the legal process and what is needed to achieve a successful recovery.
View our client testimonials and learn about the benefits of hiring Handy & Handy.
What Happens When You Meet With Us
During our first meeting, we will get to know you and learn more about your case. We will discuss the accident and your injuries, including the immediate and long-term medical care you may require. We will also look at how your injuries have affected your ability to work and your daily life. To help us learn more about your injuries, we will need to learn more about your insurance coverage, medical bills and care, and other relevant factors. Documents we will need to review include:
- The police report from the accident or a case number
- Photos of the accident scene, including damage to your vehicle
- Insurance information, including health insurance coverage and a copy of your insurance card
- Medical records and bills from any treatment after the accident
- Past five years of medical records (if possible)
Pursuing legal action after an injury is the first step. Common questions we hear include: How long will my case take? How much is my case worth? These are difficult questions to answer right away because every case depends on several factors. We will do our best to fully investigate your case and develop a strategy that will give you the best path to recovery.
The Life Cycle Of A Case
The length of your case depends on your injuries and for how long you will require medical treatment. We do not want to settle a case before knowing the full nature and extent of your injuries. This typically means we will continue to gather information and build your case while you receive treatment. Here is the typical cycle of a personal injury case:
- Intake phase: We will learn more about your case and start gathering information. We will also start the process of filing a claim and pursue all options to maximize your recovery.
- Treatment phase: While you obtain medical treatment and start recovering from your injuries, we will continue to gather information for your claim.
- Negotiation or settlement phase: After you finish your medical treatment, we often enter the negotiation phase, presenting a settlement demand and moving forward if a fair settlement is achievable. If a settlement cannot be reached, we move into litigation.
- Litigation phase: We will use litigation, arbitration or mediation to find the best possible outcome if we are unable to negotiate a beneficial settlement for you and your family.
Accidents And Injuries Are Our Expertise
Handy & Handy practices exclusively in the area of accidents and injuries. This has allowed them to develop a particular expertise as Salt Lake City accident and injury lawyers. It also means that they are not sidetracked or distracted handling other types of cases. Handy & Handy will be dedicated to your case and will give you the personal attention you deserve. Call a lawyer at 801-639-9678 or contact us online today.