Tips for Staying Safe on the Road this Holiday Season
If you are planning a road trip for the holidays this year, there are a few basic tips that can keep you safe and make your trip run more smoothly. The experts at AAA have put together these simple tips:
- Ensure your vehicle is properly maintained. If maintenance is not up to date, have your car and tires inspected before you take a long drive.
- Map your route in advance and be prepared for busy roads during the most popular times of the year.
- If possible, consider leaving earlier or later to avoid heavy traffic.
- Keep anything of value in the trunk or covered storage area.
- If you’re traveling with children, remind them not to talk to strangers. Go with them on bathroom breaks and give them whistles to be used only if the family gets separated.
- Have roadside assistance contact information on hand, in case an incident occurs on the road.
- In case of an emergency, keep a cell phone and charger with you at all times. AAA and many other companies offer smartphone applications that enable motorists to request help without making a phone call.
The holiday season means more vehicles on the road traveling longer distances and being prepared will help to keep you safe during your travels.
Unfortunately, accidents do still happen. If you or someone you know is injured in an accident, please contact our office for a FREE consultation. We can help.