Draper Car Accident Attorney
A car accident that results in serious injury can change your life instantly. Not only can it be devastating for you, but your family as well.
There is almost always a ripple effect. If you are unable to work due to your injuries, you may have little or no income coming in, making it extremely difficult to pay your monthly bills and support your family.
The good news, however, is that if you or a loved one has been injured in an accident in Draper, Utah, you may be entitled to file a car accident claim to recover compensation for your injuries and losses.
But, while the liable insurance companies may suggest that you don’t need a lawyer to file a claim, you may need the help of an experienced Utah car accident lawyer, like those at Handy & Handy, to recover all the compensation to which you are entitled.
Handy & Handy | Draper Car Accident Lawyers
At Handy & Handy, we have more than 35 years of combined experience providing personal service and tenacious representation in all personal injury matters in Utah. We aggressively defend our clients against the unfair practices of insurance companies. In this way, we can recover the most compensation possible for our client’s car accident claim.
Our Draper car accident attorneys have the knowledge and experience to obtain the very best results for our clients and help get them back on their feet. Let our proven experience work for you and get you the results you deserve.
We offer a free case evaluation, and we only get paid if we recover compensation for you. So, there is no risk in meeting with us to discuss your case.
Contact Handy & Handy today at (801) 264-6677 to discuss your case with an experienced car accident attorney in Draper, UT.
Do I Need a Lawyer For My Draper Car Accident Claim?
If you are involved in a car accident, especially one that resulted in serious injuries, or a significant amount of property damage, it is important to have an experienced lawyer by your side. In fact, you should refrain from signing anything or making any statement regarding the accident until you have at least consulted with a qualified attorney.
Working with an experienced attorney will give you the best chance to recover the compensation you deserve. In addition to compensation for your medical expenses and lost wages, our Draper car accident lawyers can help you negotiate compensation for damage to your automobile, pain and suffering, and more.
It is also very important to hire an experienced car accident attorney if you were partially at fault for the accident. Car accident claims in Utah are governed by the rule of Comparative Negligence, whereby you can only recover damages if you are less than 50% at fault for the accident. Furthermore, the amount of damages you are entitled to recover will be reduced by your own percentage of fault.
What Will a Draper Car Accident Lawyer Do For Me?
A car accident lawyer is a personal injury lawyer who specializes in car accident claims and lawsuits. Our Draper car accident lawyers have one goal—to get you the compensation you need to recover physically and financially from your injuries and losses.
There are many things that an experienced car accident lawyer does when handling a car accident case. Amongst other things, our Draper car accident lawyers will:
- Evaluate the merits of your Draper car accident case and determine how much it is worth
- Notify the liable insurance companies of your claim
- Ensure that you receive the medical care you need
- Assist with gathering and compiling your medical records
- Interview witnesses and examine the evidence, including any photographs or video footage
- Obtain police reports and first responder records
- Leverage our knowledge and expertise to negotiate the best possible settlement for your case
Compensation For a Car Accident in Draper, Utah
Every driver in Utah is required to carry a minimum amount of auto insurance, including at least $3,000 in Personal Injury Protection (PIP) coverage. PIP is insurance that pays for your medical expenses after a car accident, regardless of fault.
PIP also pays compensation for lost income and other expenses related to the accident, as well as death benefits to the heirs of those killed in a car accident. PIP also extends coverage to any passengers injured in your vehicle.
Essentially, if you have sustained bodily injuries as a result of a car accident in Utah, you must first file a claim under your own PIP coverage to pay for your medical treatment and related expenses. Then, if your medical bills amount to $3,000 or more, or you suffered a qualifying injury (e.g. permanent disability, impairment, disfigurement, or dismemberment), you may sue the at-fault driver for damages above and beyond those covered by PIP.
Common Damages recovered in a Draper car accident lawsuit include:
- Medical expenses;
- Lost wages and future loss of income;
- Damage to your vehicle;
- Pain and suffering;
- Loss of enjoyment of life; and
- Wrongful death benefits if the accident resulted in the death of a loved one.
The laws governing car accident claims in Utah are complex, and often difficult for a person who is not trained in the law to understand. An experienced Draper car accident attorney can help you to understand your rights and obligations under the law, and to recover the full amount of compensation you are entitled to receive.
What To Do if You Were Injured in a Car Accident in Draper, UT
- Check for injuries. Ask if everyone involved is okay, and call 911 if anyone needs medical assistance.
- Move to safety. If damages are minor, get your car to a safe zone, but do not leave the scene of the accident.
- Do not admit any fault. Be civil and concerned, without offering any apologies.
- Call the police. Let them decide if an officer needs to be there to make a police report.
- Collect information. Collect and exchange names and insurance information with the other driver, get a copy of the police report or write down the police report number, and take photos of everything.
- See a doctor. Get checked out by a doctor. Even if you have no visible injuries, have a doctor examine you right away.
- Contact an attorney. Contact an experienced Draper car accident attorney to protect your interests and guide you through filing a car accident claim.
Contact Handy & Handy | Draper Car Accident Lawyers
If you or someone you care about has been injured in a car accident in Draper, Utah, you should get a qualified attorney involved in your case as soon as possible. This will help you avoid making costly mistakes, like giving statements that can jeopardize your claim, foregoing medical treatment, or trusting the liable insurance companies to do right by you.
At Handy & Handy, we take pride in our ability to inform and educate our clients about their legal rights and option, so they can make the best decision for themselves and their loved ones. We are available to answer your questions throughout the process and return your calls/emails promptly.
Call us today at (801) 264-6677, or visit our contact page to schedule a free consultation with an experienced Draper car accident lawyer.