Vehicle Recalls And Personal Injury
Vehicle recalls can happen to a number of products in a car at anytime: airbags, seat belts, windshields, etc. Usually a company will make a public announcement of what product is being recalled. Those who own a recalled product should check with their dealer or car manufacturer. If you end up being injured by a recalled product, this is product liability. You have a limited amount of time to file a claim specified by the company or manufacturer. More common things that can be recalled in cars are:
- Accelerator pedals that break or stick
- Seats that fall back and don’t stay in the place they belong when you are driving
- Windshield wipers that break and fall apart
- Airbags that deploy when they are not supposed to
- Wiring issues that can cause fires or lighting to go out
- Steering elements that can cause loss of control of the car.
Remember, if you do have a car that has anything recalled on or in it DO NOT drive it. Arrange for a rental (usually companies that recall will provide a rental) and let the company fix it. Your life is worth more than a defaulty airbag.