West Valley City Truck Accident Attorney
Injuries sustained in truck accidents are usually more serious and more likely to be fatal than those sustained in car accidents. Occupants of motor vehicles are protected from serious injuries by seat belts, airbags, and structural safety features. But, the sheer weight and size of a large truck moving at highway speeds can easily defeat all those protections.
It is not unusual for truck accident victims to suffer serious injuries, such as:
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- Paralysis, and
- Wrongful death
Furthermore, emotional harm can be just as debilitating as physical harm. Truck accident victims must often overcome post-traumatic stress, depression, fear, and other psychological consequences of their physical injuries. This is why if you or a loved one was injured in a truck accident in West Valley City, it is so critical that you retain legal counsel as quickly as possible.
The experienced West Valley City truck accident lawyers at Handy & Handy can help you obtain the compensation you need to cover your hospital bills, as well as the future medical treatment you are likely to need to return to the life you were living before the accident.
What Damages Can Be Recovered In A Utah Truck Accident Claim?
Utah laws allow victims of traffic accidents to file a personal injury claim to recover compensation for damages caused by negligent drivers. This goes for damages caused by negligent truck drivers and trucking companies as well.
The damages that can be recovered in a truck accident claim in West Valley City can be classified as economic and non-economic. Economic damages are tangible, out-of-pocket expenses, such as your medical bills, the cost of repairing or replacing your damaged vehicle, and your lost wages and income.
Non-economic damages, on the other hand, include pain and suffering, emotional distress, loss of enjoyment of life, and a spouse’s loss of consortium. There is no formula to assign a value or worth to non-economic damages, and it is in this area that working with an experienced personal injury attorney can make a significant difference in the amount of compensation you recover for your claim.
Consult With An Experienced Truck Accident Lawyer In West Valley City, Utah
After being injured in a truck accident in West Valley City, you may find yourself dealing with a large trucking company with significant funds, but that would rather find a way to blame you for the accident than rightfully compensate you for your injuries, even if the trucking company is negligent and your injuries are catastrophic.
Interstate trucking companies must follow detailed rules and regulations set forth by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. These regulations govern topics such as hours of service and fatigued driving, driver intoxication, truck maintenance, negligence in hiring and monitoring drivers, just to name a few.
When a truck driver or trucking company violates those rules and, as a result, someone is injured or killed in a truck accident, those violations can be used as evidence of negligence on the part of the truck driver or trucking company, and they may be held financially accountable.
Our experienced West Valley City truck accident attorneys can assist you with pursuing a truck accident claim to recover maximum compensation from the liable truck drivers, trucking company, or their insurance carrier.
Why Choose A Truck Accident Lawyer at Handy & Handy?
- Knowledge and experience – hiring an attorney gives you the advantage of having a knowledgeable advocate and experienced negotiator working on your behalf.
- No risk – we offer a free consultation and charge no fee unless we recover compensation on your behalf. So, you have nothing to lose, but everything to gain.
- To avoid legal red tape – an experienced attorney will know how to best navigate the claims process, and will help you skip the maze of paperwork that often accompanies accident claims.
- Higher settlement – your attorney’s job is to negotiate the highest settlement possible for your claim. Furthermore, your attorney will help you determine if and when you should accept a settlement, or if you need to take your case to trial to recover the compensation you deserve.
- Expert representation at trial – your attorney will develop a strategy designed to get you the compensation you deserve.
- Experience – experience makes all the difference in a truck accident case. We possess the necessary knowledge, skill, and experience to successfully handle your Utah truck accident case.
- Expertise – we know and understand the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Regulations that govern the trucking industry, and the rules that trucking companies and their drivers must follow.
- Focus – our law firm’s focus is on handling personal injury cases like those involving catastrophic truck accidents. We know what we’re talking about and can best advocate for you.
- Results – numbers don’t lie. Our settlement and verdict history show how effective we are at recovering compensation for our clients, and they accurately display and project what our skills are really like.
While some law firms will simply treat you like a notch in their belt, we will treat you like family and will do everything in our power to make sure that you recover the compensation you need to move on with your life as best as possible after a tragic truck accident.
Our law firm has the resources and experience needed to take large trucking companies to trial and win. Call us today for a free consultation.
Schedule a Free Consultation with a Truck Accident Lawyer in West Valley City
Truck accident cases can be challenging because they most often require special knowledge of state and federal trucking regulations. The good news, however, is that you do not have to face this challenge alone.
Give Handy & Handy a call at (801) 264-6677 to set up a free consultation with a knowledgeable and experienced West Valley City truck accident lawyer. You can also contact us through our convenient online contact form. Let us guide your path at this difficult time and help you get the most money from your Utah truck accident claim.