Utah Accident Lawyer
We Will Fight For You And Give You Straight Answers!
At Handy & Handy we are Utah Accident Lawyers dedicated to representing individuals involved in car accidents, motorcycle accidents, and truck and commercial vehicle accidents. With nearly 30 years combined experience, we'll get you full compensation for your injuries.
Are you wondering, what your case is worth? It's a question that we're often asked but in reality, it can be a difficult question to answer as there are many factors we consider when determining the value of your case. At Handy & Handy we believe in giving you straight answers to your questions. The truth is, we may not know what your case is worth until after you have completed medical treatment for your injuries.
Often victims of car accidents don’t realize the full extent of their injuries until days or weeks after the accident. There may be large medical bills, lost wages due to inability to work, as well as continuing pain and suffering. We understand you may be going through a stressful time; here are a few helpful tips if you have been involved in an automobile accident:
Steps for Documenting a Utah Accident
1. Get medical treatment immediately: Did you know that your own automobile insurance company will pay at least your first $3000 dollars in medical bills? If you suspect that you might be injured, there is no reason not to get checked out by a medical professional. This also documents your injuries and helps build your case for future compensation. Call us if you have questions.
2. Take photographs: Obtain photos of property damage including pictures of the cars involved and, if possible, the accident scene. You should also take pictures of any visable injuries that you may have sustained.
3. Obtain witness information: Often witnesses have critical informaion and as time goes by those witnesses become harder to locate. Therefore, it is important to gather their contact information soon after the accident.
4. Document lost wages: If your injuries prevent you from going to work, you wil need to obtain a doctor's note releasing you from work. In addition, you will need documentation from your employer verifying your employement, rate of pay, and days absent.
5. Get legal advice: Don't provide a recorded statment for the insurance companies until you have called our office and spoken with an attorney. Insurance companies often offer quick settlements before the full-extent of your injuries are understood and before you can get advice from a legal professional.
Even accidents where fault appears straight-forward, such as a rear-end car accident, can be complex and require the assistance of an attorney. Our attorneys have handled thousands of car accident cases and will get you a fair settlement to compensate you for your losses.
The experienced Utah Accident Lawyers at Handy and Handy have a solid record of results in motor vehicle accident cases. Call Handy and Handy at 801-264-6677 today to discuss your possible claim.