Deer Valley Ski Accident Attorney
Utah has some of the most scenic and iconic slopes to attract locals and tourists to our famous resorts in Deer Valley. The uniquely powdery snow and ideal winter weather conditions make skiing and snowboarding in Deer Valley a passion for many snow sports enthusiasts. But even the most experienced skiers and snowboarders can suffer severe injuries when someone else’s careless, reckless, or negligent actions cause a collision.
Some slope injuries result from negligent ski-lift maintenance, equipment failure, or other accidents with physical and economic consequences to the victim. Despite the laws protecting resort owners from liability in typical mishaps on the slopes through the inherent Risk of Skiing Act, our legal team can recover compensation for many ski and snowboard accidents caused by negligence or recklessness.
At Handy & Handy, our Deer Valley ski and snowboard accident attorney understands the thrill of flying down snowy slopes. Still, we also understand the trauma of a fun day outdoors ending in a disaster, expensive medical care, and financial hardship. Call or contact Handy & Handy today so we can hold the at-fault party responsible with a compelling claim to cover your damages.
Why Choose Handy & Handy?
In a personal injury case—including an injury on the slopes—it’s essential to have skilled legal counsel with years of experience navigating similar cases. Improper slope marking, dangerous barriers, failed lift equipment, and skier recklessness all leave negligent parties responsible for an injury’s economic and non-economic damages. At Handy & Handy, our ski and snowboard accident lawyers in Deer Valley can give your case the following benefits:
- Free confidential consultation and no fees until we secure your compensation.
- A team of Salt Lake city personal injury attorneys with over 3 decades of experience navigating Utah injury laws including many successful outcomes for clients injured in skiing and snowboarding accidents.
- Large city law firm competence and experience with a small firm’s individualized attention and open communication throughout the process.
- A strong legal strategy tailored to the details of your unique injury case.
- Our results-oriented approach maximizes the chances of a substantial settlement so you don’t have to go to court. At the same time, we also have strong litigation experience if we need to take your case to a judge and jury to secure your full compensation.
Your Deer Valley ski and snowboard accident lawyer from Handy & Handy is ready to investigate all aspects of your injury to prove the negligent or reckless action that caused your damages.
How To Prove Liability In Ski and Snowboard Accidents
Accidents can happen to any outdoor snow sports enthusiast when they’re hurtling down a snowy slope at high speed, but if someone else’s actions or negligence caused the accident, they are liable for your damages. Proving liability requires documenting evidence to show the following:
- The at-fault party had a duty of care to prevent causing harm to others through reasonable actions
- They breached this duty by acting with negligence or recklessness
- The breach of duty caused your accident and injury
- Your injury caused you to suffer economic and non-economic damages
In a personal injury claim in Utah ski accidents, the word “damages” refers to all consequences of the injury.
What Damages Can I Claim in my Ski or Snowboard Accident Case?
Skiing and snowboarding accidents can result in serious fractures, head injuries, back injuries, neck injuries, and even spinal cord damage. A successful claim can bring victims compensation for damages such as the following:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost income and future wage loss
- Lowered earning capacity for injury-related disability
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life for grave or life-altering injuries
No one should go it alone against liability insurance companies that protect their profits over paying out on valid injury claims.
Call the Deer Valley Ski Accident Lawyers Today
Don’t put off your claim for damages after a ski or snowboard injury caused by someone else. The timing of your claim is important for success in gaining compensation. Call or contact the Deer Valley skiing accident attorney from Handy & Handy today so we can begin strategizing a pathway for the justice you deserve.