Do You Know What To Do After An Accident?
Our attorneys at Handy & Handy will provide the guidance you need after a crash. We have more than 35 years of experience helping victims of accidents in Salt Lake City and throughout Utah understand their rights and what legal options are available after being injured in a car accident.
Steps For Documenting Your Accident
Knowing what to do after an accident is critical. Below is a list of steps to take after you have been involved in a car crash.
1. Get medical treatment immediately. Did you know that your own automobile insurance company will pay at least your first $3000 in medical bills? If you suspect that you might be injured, there is no reason not to get checked out by a medical professional. This also documents your injuries and helps build your case for future compensation. Call us if you have questions.
2. Take photographs. Obtain photos of property damage, including pictures of the cars involved and, if possible, the accident scene. You should also take pictures of any visible injuries that you may have sustained.
3. Obtain witness information. Often witnesses have critical information and as time goes by those witnesses become harder to locate. Therefore, it is important to gather their contact information soon after the accident.
4. Document lost wages. If your injuries prevent you from going to work, you will need to obtain a doctor’s note releasing you from work. In addition, you will need documentation from your employer verifying your employment, rate of pay and days absent.
5. Get legal advice. Don’t provide a recorded statement for the insurance companies until you have called our office and spoken with an attorney. Insurance companies often offer quick settlements before the full extent of your injuries are understood and before you can get advice from a legal professional.
Even cases that appear straightforward, like rear-end collisions, require the assistance of an experienced personal injury attorney. We have handled thousands of cases. We will work diligently to help you get a fair settlement to compensate you for your losses.
Protecting Your Future
Our lawyers will help you every step of the way. We will tailor a case strategy specific to your needs and goals in the future. This means we will get to know you, learn about the impact of the accident on your life and what legal remedies are available to help you pursue compensation and damages.
Unsure if you have a case? Call us. We will review the facts and go over your options.
We are prepared to file a lawsuit and go to trial to protect your future. However, we understand that trial is not necessary or desired by all of our clients. We will seek out alternative means to resolve your case through negotiation and alternative dispute resolution, which includes arbitration and mediation.
Contact Us To Schedule A Free Consultation
Call us if you want to work with a law firm where you’re not just a number. We will provide personal attention and dedicated service to you from the minute we start working on your case. Call (801) 264-6677, or contact us online to schedule a consultation. There is no risk to meet with us — we only get paid if we recover in your case.